Software Education run an annual conference in both Wellington and Sydney that focuses on the changing role of Business Analysts in the agile sphere – a tricky and much debated topic. I had the honour of being invited to present a keynote at the official dinner where I wove together tales of life in an agile world at Lonely Planet, with some key lessons from commentators ranging from the 1970s to the present day. Plus shot Martyn with a nerf gun. Excellent evening indeed.
We will post the presentation and speaking notes in a separate post.
Key Reading and Resources
- From Gutenberg to Zuckerburg, Gus Balbontin from Lonely Planet presenting at O’Reilly Tools of Change, 2011
- The Innovator’s Dilemma, Clayton Christenson, 1997
- How Great Leaders Inspire Action, Simon Sinek at Ted, 2010
- Dan Pink on the Surprising Science of Motivation, Ted Talk, 2009
- Steve Blank on Customer Development (The Four Steps to the Epiphany)
- The Entrepreneur’s Guide to Customer Development, Brant Cooper and Patrick Vlaskovits, 2010
- Rocket Surgery Made Easy, Steve Krug, 2009
- Mythical Man Month, Fred Brooks, 1975
- Steve Hayes’ Blog on The End of Passion.
My thanks to a wonderfully receptive audience and our fine hosts Softed.